Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tea Field Hike ....Part 2

So after my first hike that was painful and hard, I decide to do it again....with the family. Let me note it was no easier the second time, however there is a great sense of accomplishment when you have finished the 4 hours. I believe it's the mental high that makes it worth it...oh and the views! lol. As we hit the base of the mountain, and started through the village, a friendly voice called to us to come and have lunch.

We sat on the balcony of a family home set with a few tables. As our Chinese is not the greatest we struggle with the language so trying to order food is a treat sometimes. The woman brought out a fresh dead chicken and showed us 3 different kinds of veggies and we agreed to what ever she said! lol. Not sure of the meal we would end up with....turns out it was FANTASTIC! and soooo fresh!

As we were descending down the mountain to the village we counted 947 stairs....and none of the stairs are the same height. That's gotta be good for the ass...right???. I was thinking we should make it a weekly hike,but as I am climbing the mountain I think.....NOT. There is something about the climb after your finished that makes you want to go back for more! We'll see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment