Thursday, October 21, 2010

Mountain Hike

As I type this I am unable to feel the lower half of my body. Like the moron that I am I thought last week it would be fun to join some of the other expat wives and go on a hike.....should have thought that one through a little longer! lol. 4 hours.....ya you heard me! The picture above is what we did for 2 solid hrs as we climbed the mountain, now I know my sister-in -law Gail is reading this saying WHAAAA ya big baby! She just returned home from climbing Mount Everest. I figured it would be no sweat I have been working out at the gym, 5days a week...and lifting weights! My body was sooooo not prepared for this. I was sure I was going to throw up or have a heart attack , some of these women do this 3 times a week....WHAT-EV-ERRR! I'm beginning to think this is China through MY eyes...lol. When I finally made it to the top and pushed my body WAY out of it's comfort zone, It was all worth the climb. Upon arriving at the top all you could see for miles were the tea fields, and a Temple. They sell water and drinks at the Temple.... I would like to know who the hell carries all that up there? If it was me I would have a chopper fly the stuff in.

Now I've heard the foot messages are amazing here! I am so going to have to get me one of those.....soon. They cost about $11.00 for 90 mins, and $17.00 for a leg & foot message. I have been told they can be a little painful when you start, but quickly become addictive. Speaking of pain, that will lead me to my next post.....The affects of Chinese medicine.




Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment