Saturday, October 23, 2010

Crazy Hangzhou Traffic


Let me start by saying very respectfully.....the Chinese can kiss my ASS! Deane finally passed on the 3rd attempt. I however failed the second time and am really not sure I want to try a 3rd time. I have enough road rage walking.....let alone behind the wheel. I am learning curse words in Chinese so I can tell people off! lol. These people are some of the worst drivers I have ever seen! There are NO rules on the roads here!

Back on the East Coast if you are even remotely close to the curb,traffic will stop in all directions to let you cross. Here they will run you over!  It doesn't matter if it's an 80 yr old women they honk and they will keep driving at you until you jump out of the way. I'm not sure I understand why drivers are so ramie, they aren't peddling the car!!!

Children do not wear seat belts! Children ride on the front of these scooters...weaving in and out of traffic. Not one person wears a helmet! I have though about getting myself an e bike, however I am a little nervous and I would be the geeky "round eyes" ( that's what they call us)  sport'n a helmet.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY THAT IS JUST CRAZY... IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA NOT TO DRIVE OVER THERE.. DO YOU THINK IT IS SAFE FOR DEANE TO DRIVE OVER THERE..HAHAHA... WELL I GUESS YOU SHOULD STILL BE CAREFUL WALKING THERE TO..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay how do people NOT get hit??? holy crap., id be flippin everyone off....i wouldnt know what direction would get it first.lol

    ReplyDelete