Friday, October 22, 2010

Chinese Medicine

So next Wednesday I am off to see a local Doctor that practices Chinese medicine. I am pretty excited as I was told he is fantastic.....and I have alot of aliments so let's see how good he is! lol

My Chinese tutor arrived one day with these bruises all down her neck on both sides and down her back. She explained to me that she was feeling very sick on the weekend with a fever and chills, I am assuming she had the flu. So she was talking to her friend who said she would come over and give her some treatment that would make her feel better. I don't understand why anyone would opt for this kind of treatment!!! She said she was crying while they did it because it was so painful. However she did say the next day she felt better.... Really who puts themselves through this over the flu???? She said they use their index and middle finger knuckles to pinch. This draws all the toxic blood to the surface. She said if you are healthy when they do that it will not leave any bruises.
I have tried to research this but I am unable to come up with much, other than  "cupping" which is similar to this pinching only they use jars and suction them  on your body. Either way I think I will stay in bed and sleep it off the next time I come down with the flu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment