Monday, October 18, 2010

China Fireworks Expo 2010


Here is a few seconds of the fireworks we watched Saturday night from our balcony. These were continuous for almost an hour! October 16th was the International Fireworks Expo.
Fireworks happen here at all times of the day and night. I don't think there is a disturbing the peace law........I love the ones at 5 am! It is my understanding that the Chinese use fireworks as a means of good luck ex: weddings, grand opening of a business, or to chase away evil spirits.

One night shortly after we moved here, I had been asleep for a couple of hours....and soundly sleeping I might add. Then they start, It scared the sh*% out of me! I jump like 4 ft off the bed and in the process got a charlie horse in my leg. I start hollering and thrashing around on the bed, poor Deane wakes and has no idea what the heck is going on, so he starts hollering what's the matter! lol.....ok ya had to be there.

I can't wait for the Chinese New Year.....the fire works last for days at a time. I think I need to invest in ear plugs!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Thanks Amy that was fantastic!! Auntie Dumplin' xxoo

    ReplyDelete