Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Moving To China

It was August 18th when we boarded our plane,13 hrs in the air followed by a 2 hr car ride to our new apt. Suffering  from exhustion and jet lag it was nice to finally be to where we would hang our hat.
The first few weeks for me were tough. 19 days before we boarded the plane I lost my Father to cancer. A man that I considered my best friend I had just lost,and now I was embarking on a new adventure in my life I could never share with him. I was pretty sure those first few weeks I was going to crack....actually I think I had a few melt downs on Deane. We were now in a foriegn country with no vehicle no real way of communicating with anyone. And trying to shop at the supermarket was a challenge.

As time goes on things get a little easier and we are learning how to speak the language and how to get around. Learning how to cook with the food that is avaliable and the lack of an oven to cook it in is kinda fun in it's own way,it's making me tap into my inner creative chief.....however cooking is not really my passion,eating is though!

No comments:

Post a Comment