Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pomelo Fruit



Pomelo Fruit

Cut the top off and section skin. Peel off thick skin


Fruit inside

This is now one of my favorite fruits. I bought one of these at Zhers one year around Christmas time,and I used it as a decoration instead of eating it! These are native to China as I would assume they are to Florida.  Check out the supermarket and pick one up! They are not tart like a grapefruit,and they are not sweet like an orange. They have a very neutral taste and are very firm. It takes me close to an hour to peel all the skin off,unlike an orange where you eat the skin. This skin is thick and tough. I had to throw this on here with the holiday season here I think you can find these in the supermarkets right now!









1 comment:

  1. Our Christmas fave fruit. Usually available here from November to March. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete