Saturday, January 8, 2011

The New Year

First I would like to say Thank You to all of you who took the time to read my blog in 2010. I hope I can bring you some more exciting stories in 2011.
I thought of this when people would ask if we were "glad to be home". What exactly is home? If you know me I have lived all over the place!  I finally realized the old cliche of " home is where the heart is" may be true.
Home is where I make it, with my family. I realized that when I was ready to come "home". China is our home now. There are good and bad here..... but isn't there good and bad in Canada? I can only be grateful for the opportunity, as many people don't get to experience how the other side of the world lives.

February 3rd is the start of the Chinese New Year. We are excited to be here to celebrate, however we have been told, if we want to sleep, we should invest in ear plugs. I fireworks go on for days! I was on u tube checking out the fireworks in the Chinese New Year....... and I must share. I can't wait to be a part of the festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment